APA is a nonprofit trade association that has grown and evolved with the engineered wood industry. APA was founded in 1933 as the Douglas Fir Plywood Association, and was later recognized as the American Plywood Association. In 1994, APA changed its name to APA – The Engineered Wood Association to better reflect the range of products manufactured by APA members and the international scope of the Association.
For more than eighty years, APA – The Engineered Wood Association has focused on helping the industry create structural wood products of exceptional strength, versatility and reliability. Combining the research efforts of scientists at APA’s 42,000 square-foot research center with the knowledge gained from decades of field work, and cooperation with our member manufacturers, APA promotes new solutions and improved processes that benefit the entire industry.
APA’s corporate headquarters are in Tacoma, Washington. A regional quality testing laboratory is located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Visit APA’s website, a powerful resource for industry wide information about engineered wood, including products’ reports, standards, grades, research reports and building tips.Visit APA's website