To create our high-quality log and timber frame homes EcoHouseMart utilizes Sokol Timber Company, Segezha Group woodworking plant’s production facilities. The plant was founded in 1942 and became one of the leading European producers of glued laminated timber/glulam. Since its foundation, the plant area has tripled and now stands at 56 Acres.
Woodworking plant is a full-cycle woodworking enterprise that starts with the harvesting of wood and at the end of the process chain releases ready-made sets of high-quality houses.
Northern coniferous wood has high strength properties – it is dense and low-hygroscopic. Excellent visual characteristics of white spruce provide for its high demand throughout the world.
More than 7,000 families around the world already live in our homes made of high-quality northern wood.
Our company is guaranteed to have raw wood materials (round wood / sawlog). There are forest plots with a total area of 159 681.8 hectares in company’s lease, the estimated cutting area is 364.6 thousand m . Logging is carried out by a separate subdivision.
The sawlogs are cut on the sawmill with the use of the Finnish-made milling and grinding machine “HewSaw R 250SE”. As a result, sawn timber is produced.
Drying of sawn timber is carried out in drying chambers “BOLLMANN” (Germany), “MULBOK” (Italy), “Jartek” (Finland), “Baschild” (Italy) to a nal humidity of 12 ± 2%.
• From the kiln dry lumber enters the workshop where glued wooden structures are made.
• There it is aged for at least 2 days and fed to the optimization line «Sistem TM».
• The temperature and relative humidity of the air in the shop is kept continuously and xed with a thermohydrograph. In the manufacture of glued beams (beams), the moisture content of the wood should not be more than 14%. The moisture content of the wood (the minimum wood temperature is 150 ° C) is measured by an automatic clock hydrometer. Wood, the humidity of which goes beyond the norm, is automatically sorted.
• Sawn timber is classied according to the European standards EN 14081-4, has the characteristic values of gexural strength, tensile strength, compressive strength, shear
strength, modulus and density, which are determined by the Swiss-made scanner Golden Eye 702.
• Saw-timbers for manufacturing of a wall beam (houses) are sorted by quality according to requirements to external and internal surfaces.
• Calibrated, sorted by strength and quality of the workpiece comes to the splicing line “Ducet” (Canada).
• The spikes needed to join the slats are cut parallel to the width of the workpiece on the tenoning machine. First – on one side of the workpieces, then – on the other.
• Adhesive is applied to the surface of the entire length of the incised stud (in separate way on both sides of the joints to be joined by combs).
• Joining blanks are compressed at the pressure of up to 10 N / mm².
• The lamellas are trimmed down to lengths of 39ft and 44ft and are added to the storage table.
• Adhesive system of the world leader Akzo Nobel is used for gluing. The rate of consumption of glue for wooden glued beams is in accordance with the recommendations of Akzo Nobel.
• After splicing, the calibrated lamellas, with glue applied to them in the form of cords, are formed into so-called “packs” of lamellas, which are fed into the press of the HDTV “Kallesoe” (Denmark).
• FIS (Forward Integration System) system allows to calculate and optimize the pressing parameters depending on the technological conditions of production.
• The press is complemented by a thermal camera (HeatCamera), which eliminates potential rejection due to “cold” zones in the press. Also, the camera optimizes the cost of heating.
• When pressing, the requirements for the temperature of the adhesive seam are always observed.
• To increase the section of the bar, a cold hydraulic press is used, where the beam is pressed in two planes.
• Planing of beams is done on the planer Ledermac LMC 840.
• Each beam (bar) is visually inspected (visual control by employees) and, if necessary, is repaired. The strength of the product does not decrease, only optical defects are eliminated.
• The beam enters the workshop for the production of house kits.
• The cutting of the wall parts is done at the machining center “Hundegger” (Germany) and the cupping machine “Kruzi” (Switzerland).
• The accuracy of the parts processing is within +/- 0.5 mm, the time to produce one set of a house (about 150 m² or 1 620 sq.ft) takes no more than 1 day.
• All wall details are marked according to the specification of the house.
• The equipment works with engineering software, compiled on the basis of CAD-programs.
• Reading of information from drawings of the designer ensures high accuracy of all parts and their correspondence to each other.
Our plant is constantly evolving. We regularly update production equipment to constantly improve the quality of our houses. We work with the best architects to give comfort and a new quality of life to everyone who loves and appreciates timber housing, understands its beauty and wants to be closer to nature.
The process chain is certified according to the highest European standards. The company has a strict quality control system. Sorting wood by quality is performed in automatic mode. This completely eliminates wood with large knots and other defects.
Eco-friendly material is a material that does not harm the environment or humans throughout the entire life cycle: from the extraction of raw materials and its transportation, the manufacture of the final product, operation and other processes up to disposal.